Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Notes from the Cave

Just a quick entry tonight so that my readers don't think I have fallen off the face of the earth.

Went on vacation in mid-July with my in-laws to Isle of Palms, South Carolina, which was very nice.  A real tropical paradise, and the weather was perfect the entire time we were there - literally not a drop of rain all week.

Since getting back, I have stopped smoking again - today is Day Five.  In case you hadn't known, I had stopped back in October, only to start again in March.  Quitting this second time around has been harder, perhaps because my heart has not been in it as strongly as it was in October.  I want to quit, but I also don't want to.  So it's been a hard and stressful week.  I was a total monster this past weekend.  Embarrassed myself a bit.

Work is fine as always - really, really love my job and my co-workers.  This has proven to be such a positive move for me - which is even more remarkable considering how it happened and how crappy I felt about it at the time.  Hard to believe I've been there for a year already.

I literally can't think of anything else worthwhile to say.

No comments: