Saturday, December 31, 2011

Notes From the Cave: Elissa's Kitchen Edition

1.  Blogging from the kitchen of my sister, Elisser.

2.  Happy Frickin' New Year.

3.  It is officially 11:02 p.m.

4.  It's still 2011 but it will soon be 2012.  Thank God.  Because it was a bad year.  According to Elisser.

5.  We just talked about Manfred von Richthofen.

6.  My youngest daughter had her allergies tested last week.  She has outgrown her milk, egg, seafood, and tree nut allergies.  This is good news.  Celebrate with me.

7.  The words to "Rocket Man" by Elton John are: " Burning up the fumes up here alone."

8.  When I was a child my family would travel down by the Green River where Paradise lay.

9.  The above is by John Prine, from the song "Paradise."

10.  My sister and I just argued over whether there should be a comma between "Prine" and "from" in the bullet point above.

11.  My sister and I really miss our parents and wish they would move here, goddammit.

12.  My sister is being ridonkulous.

13.  My sister is pretty sure she died on the Titanic, but if that's the case, then she must have died as a child during the Great War.

14.  Yes, that's the kind of shit my sister and I talk about.

15.  My sister's best friend reminded my sister that she was a Bingham of Louisville in a past life.  If so, her current incarnation has failed miserably.  

16.  Eight more miles to Louisville, the hometown of my heart.

17.  I love Rush.  My sister does not agree.  Screw her.

18.  In a past life, my mother thinks she was.........well, we can't actually mention that.

19.  The UK Wildcats men's basketball team beat the U'll of Ell Cardinals today in the Dream Game series. This makes us very, very happy.  But we still like Denny Crum.  My mother has a thing for him.

20.  The Cincinnati Bengals could go to the playoffs if they win tomorrow.  I don't care either way.  Football is for pussies.

21.  I was Henry II in a past life.

22.  My father doesn't believe in past lives, but we are pretty sure he was Marie Curie in a past life, primarily because he is a chemist, and he is remarkably in touch with his feminine side.

23.  My sister had a very bad 2011.  But hey, in 2012 she turns 40, so problem solved!!!

24.  Elisser and I are STILL arguing about commas.

25.  Come dancing.  Come on sister, have yourself a ball.  Love you Lisser.  :)

26.  She's crying over #25.


No comments: