Thursday, August 15, 2013

Things My Heart Attack Taught Me: Lesson One

This is the first installment of a new blog series detailing all the many lessons I've learned after surviving a heart attack at age 38.  I figured maybe I can produce a few thoughtful ideas that might be of help to others.  Or not.  This is the first one.

Lesson #1

Life is too short to put up with anybody else's bullshit. 

We all produce our fair share of bullshit from time to time, some of us more than others.  But having a heart attack at 38 has shown me that life is too short to deal with other people's bullshit. This doesn't mean I've decided it's okay to be rude or unfriendly to people, but, as a general rule, I'm just not gonna take your crap anymore.        

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said! Scott, my granddad, for whom I'm named, had an attack at 37, never worked another day--So thankful medicine has come so far!

'Doc'